If you’ve landed on this page, you’ve probably been searching for answers to the “BlueStacks Not Working” error that popped up on your screen a few moments ago. Either that or you’ve just seen a gray screen when you attempted to run BlueStacks on your computer. Don’t worry about seeing that error because other users have had the same issue.
In this article, we’re going to show you some fixes that might help you solve your problem. We’ve written a separate guide to fix the “BlueStacks Engine Won’t Run” error on our website.
Ensure Minimum System Requirements
Before proceeding to other methods of fixing the “BlueStacks Not Working” error, you must first make sure that your computer has met the minimum requirements required for BlueStacks to run on your system. Your system must have the following:
- At least 2GB of RAM (Please note that having 2GB of disk space is not a substitute for RAM)
- At least 4GB volume in the hard disk drive
- An updated graphics card
- You must be an administrator of your PC
Update Graphics Card Driver
Having an updated graphics card driver is essential for the BlueStacks software to run smoothly on your computer. Follow the steps below to update your graphics card driver:
- Go to the system tray and look for the NVIDIA icon
- Right-click to show the menu and select Check for updates
- Wait for the update to complete before restarting your computer
Run in Compatibility Mode
One of the successful solutions when encountering this error is to run BlueStacks in compatibility mode. Follow the steps below to run your computer in compatibility mode:
- Right-click on the shortcut of BlueStacks and go to Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab and select Run compatibility troubleshooter
- You will see two different options. Click on Try recommended settings
- Click on Test the program to check whether you have solved the issue or not
If the solution failed during the test, click on Next and select Try using different settings to launch the Android emulator.
Check Permission Settings
Improper security settings might also cause errors and prevent the program from running smoothly. To check and modify your security settings, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the shortcut of the emulator and select Properties
- Click on the Security tab and click on Edit
- In the list of Group or User names, select your username
- In the next box, check the option that says full control under the Allow category
- Click OK and then Apply
- Close and restart the application to test if the problem is resolved
Uninstall and Reinstall BlueStacks
If the previous methods failed to solve the problem, you must reinstall BlueStacks on your computer. Follow the steps below to uninstall:
- Press the Windows key and X
- Select Programs and Features from the options
- Right-click on the BlueStacks App Player. Choose Uninstall
- An Uninstaller Dialog Box will appear, asking: Are you sure you want to uninstall BlueStacks App Player?
- Select Yes
- Another dialog box will appear and will ask you: Do you want to keep all your apps and data?
- Select No
Before reinstalling the program, you must make sure that all BlueStacks-related files are removed from your computer. Follow these steps to clear the files:
- Navigate to Program Data in the C: drive
- Delete the BlueStacks Setup
- After deleting the setup, go to C:program files(x86)Bluestacks, C: Program files Bluestacks, C:Program Data Bluestacks and delete all files present
- In the search box of the File Explorer, type BST and press Enter
- Open the run dialog box. Type %temp% and click Enter
- Select all the items in the window and delete
- Run cleaning applications like CCleaner or BleachBit to wipe out registry clutter caused by BlueStacks
After performing uninstalling and clearing all BlueStacks-related files, you may now reinstall BlueStacks on your computer. Make sure you’ve got the latest version downloaded.
We know how frustrating it is when you encounter the “BlueStacks Not Working” error. We hope one of the methods we’ve written above has solved your problem. Let us know in the comment section if you encountered a different kind of error or if any of these methods worked for you.