Bluestacks claims to run 96% of the 1.4 million apps available on the Google Play Store. No other Android emulators have the same compatibility percentage presently. It offers a smooth performance with an amazing user interface. You can use it as a second device and run social media accounts for your workplace.
Bluestacks needs minimal system configuration that is 2 GB of RAM, 4 GB of HDD space available, Direct X 9.0 or higher installed, NET Framework 3.5 SP3 or greater. It has been released on Windows and supports all version from Windows Vista to Windows 10.
However, many users have reported Bluestacks getting stuck on the ‘Initializing’ screen after installing it and running for the first time. The emulator just keeps loading and does not start even after a long time.
What might be causing the error?
There are multiple reasons so as to why Bluestacks may get stuck on the initializing screen. Some of them are listed below:
- The version of Bluestacks you are handling is outdated
- You have too many programs running at once
- Due to an outdated computer
- You do not have administrator permissions for your account
- You have installed an outdated version of the .NET framework
How can you solve this error?
You will have to try each one of the solutions below. You can try each to see which one would work for you.
The first thing you should try is closing all other programs running on your computer. Your computer might just be slow because of all the open programs you have.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del then go to task manager and click on the processes tab.
- Over here, end all the processes that are not important. Now start Bluestacks again.
If the above solution does not serve you, then try updating your Bluestacks. Bluestacks updates regularly, so always check for the latest.
1. Go to www.bluestacks.com and download the latest Bluestacks version. You can also download Bluestacks from the download link provided below.
2. Uninstall the BlueStacks previous version and then install the latest version that you just downloaded from the official website.
If Bluestacks still gets stuck on the initialization screen, then you might need to update your .NET framework.
1. Go to Windows Control Panel and then go to the Windows Updates tab.
2. If there is an update available for .NET framework, install it and then try running Bluestacks. You can download the latest version of the Dotnet framework from the web.
Another reason might be that Bluestacks is not able to get the necessary permissions to run. You need to run Bluestacks in administrator mode for it to get all the necessary permissions. To run Bluestacks in administrator mode follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Right-click on the Bluestacks shortcut icon.
2. When the menu opens, select the ‘Run as administrator‘ option.
3. It will then ask you to allow access; click Allow, and then BlueStacks will start in administrator mode.
The last problem might be an incompatibility between Bluestacks and your Windows version. If you have already updated both your Windows to the latest version and Bluestacks to the latest update available, then there is still one more thing you can try.
1. Right-click on the Bluestacks icon. In the menu, click on Properties. This will open the Properties window.
2. Then select the Compatibility tab. In this tab, check the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode‘ option.
3. After enabling it, you will have to try which version works for you. If you are using Windows 10, then in the drop-down menu, select Windows 7. If you are using Windows 8.1, 8.0 or 7, then select Windows XP Service Pack 2/3.
4. Click on Apply This Setting For All Users and then press the Apply button and close the properties windows. Now start Bluestacks again, this should solve the problem.
If Bluestacks still gets stuck on the Initialization screen, then you should try uninstalling it. Deleting all its data by going to the C drive >> Program Files and delete the Bluestacks folder. Then install Bluestacks again.
In the end, the problem may also lie with your hardware. If your computer or graphics driver is very old, it might not be supported by Bluestacks. You will have to replace the hardware with a newer version for Bluestacks to work.
If you have any queries regarding the initialization error of Bluestacks, then please let us know about it in the comments section below. We will be more than happy to answer all your questions.